Exploring the influences on our region's economy.
National Bank of Commerce, together with leading area educational institutions and business frontrunners, has launched a comprehensive research initiative to drive growth, prosperity and collaboration across our region.
The Goals of the project are to:
- Support business owners in their business decisions by gathering key local economic indicators and trend information
- Develop specific economic indicators for this region that are not readily available to decision makers
- Develop tools to assess our progress in economic growth. Prepare baseline measures that will allow comparison with other regions and measure future progress of the region
- Track the region’s participation in the “new economy” and development in the high tech arena
- Bring professionals together with business owners for discussion about the local economy and related critical issues in a collaborative, non-political environment
- Create a business recruitment and retention tool by publishing the information
The REIF Region is a 15-county area that covers Northeast Minnesota and Northwest Wisconsin. The 8 counties of Minnesota include the Arrowhead Region — Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, and St. Louis counties — along with Pine County. The 7 counties of Wisconsin include Ashland, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Iron, Sawyer, and Washburn.
The R.E.I.F. is governed by a steering/advisory committee comprised of representative(s) from:
- National Bank of Commerce
- College of St. Scholastica
- SBDC – MN
- SBDC – WI
- Resources such as APEX and the Development Association of Superior-Douglas County will be utilized as needed
Meet the Regional Economics Faculty Research Staff.
To view the R.E.I.F student research and keynote program presented at the breakfast forum on November 1, please click here:
March 2016 Presentation
2015 Annual Report
October 2015 Presentation
March 2015 Full Report
March 2015 Presentation
October 2014 Full Report
October 2014 Presentation
March 2014 Full Report