Exploring the influences on our region's economy.
National Bank of Commerce, together with leading area educational institutions and business frontrunners, has launched a comprehensive research initiative to drive growth, prosperity and collaboration across our region.
The Goals of the project are to:
- Support business owners in their business decisions by gathering key local economic indicators and trend information
- Develop specific economic indicators for this region that are not readily available to decision makers
- Develop tools to assess our progress in economic growth. Prepare baseline measures that will allow comparison with other regions and measure future progress of the region
- Track the region’s participation in the “new economy” and development in the high tech arena
- Bring professionals together with business owners for discussion about the local economy and related critical issues in a collaborative, non-political environment
- Create a business recruitment and retention tool by publishing the information
The REIF Region is a 15-county area that covers Northeast Minnesota and Northwest Wisconsin. The 8 counties of Minnesota include the Arrowhead Region — Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, and St. Louis counties — along with Pine County. The 7 counties of Wisconsin include Ashland, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Iron, Sawyer, and Washburn.
The R.E.I.F. is governed by a steering/advisory committee comprised of representative(s) from:
- National Bank of Commerce
- College of St. Scholastica
- SBDC – MN
- SBDC – WI
- Resources such as APEX and the Development Association of Superior-Douglas County will be utilized as needed
Meet the Regional Economics Faculty Research Staff.
Next Forum: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 7-9 am
Topic: Economics of the Region’s Water Resources
DECC: Lake Superior Ballroom
Keynote Speaker: to be announced
To download or view the full presentation from March 28, click here.